This policy extends to all AdventureSmith, Inc. sites.
Please take a few minutes to read the following passage to learn more about our information practices including what information we gather, for what purpose it is collect, how the information is used, and with whom it will be shared.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information for two reasons:
- Information helps us to deliver better products, customize content, and provide a higher level of customer service, saving you time and money.
- Information helps us to protect both you and our other customers from fraud. This is especially true on directories such as Zipline Nirvana where unregistered guests or fraudulent guests might seek to add content designed to offer their organization a competitive advantage or to do damage to another business or individual. Through the collection of personal information, we can help to prevent such unacceptable behaviours.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are many situations in which your personal information is collected on Zipline Nirvana. Here are a few examples:
- When you make a purchase at our store. Personal information is collected to provide us the means to complete the financial transaction and to ship goods.
- When you write a comment, post a message on a forum, or rate an organization or individual in the directory, we may ask for your personal information to validate you are who you say you are and to prevent unwanted spam or harmful messages.
- When you upload photos or videos, or when you interact with the social networking component of the site, we will ask you for your personal information, or you will be required to login, so that we are able to protect our server from malicious attacks and so we can provide support if you experience problems with any of our services.
- Whether as an employer or an individual, use of the Jobs Board requires the collection and dissemination of personal information. Information posted to the Board in the form of a resume, job request,
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve our products and services, or to educate the community about zip line, canopy tour, aerial adventure course, and challenge course operations, usage, trends, and so forth.
Publicly displayed information is public
If you use the Social Networking component of the site, Jobs Board, post comments, add listings, or upload media, you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit through one of these channels can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. AdventureSmith, Inc. is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in through these channels.
For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features in the social networking utility, AdventureSmtih, Inc. will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available. Furthermore, you understand that if you elect to register with Facebook Connect using the social networking utility found on Zipline Nirvana that information posted on Facebook may be publically available through this site and vice versa depending on your elected settings.
When we disclose your information
AdventureSmtih, Inc. takes your privacy very seriously. AdventureSmith, Inc. does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Within our company – AdventureSmith, Inc.
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners.
There are also times when it may be advantageous for AdventureSmith, Inc. to make certain personal information about you available to companies that AdventureSmith, Inc. has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for AdventureSmith, Inc, to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with our policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
How we protect your personal information
AdventureSmith, Inc. takes precautions – including administrative, technical, and physical measures – to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers.
Cookies and other technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. AdventureSmith, Inc. will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the AdventureSmith, Inc. websites. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
If concerns arise regarding your privacy, or if you believe that an incident has occurred which compromises your privacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address the issue or help you to change your account settings.